If your Mac doesn’t see your HP printers or have the software for it
1. Make sure that your HP printers is turned on and ready. For help with an error light or other error condition that appears on the HP printers itself, check the device’s documentation or contact the manufacturer.
2. If your HP printers is connected to the USB port of your Mac, disconnect it.
3. Check for software updates to make sure that your Mac has the latest information about your printer.
Your Mac downloads software for most HP printers automatically, so it’s usually unnecessary to install software from the printer manufacturer.
4. If you disconnected your HP printers from the USB port in step 2, reconnect it now.
5. From the Finder, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click HP printers & Scanners.
6. Select your HP printers in the list of devices. You might need to wait a moment for it to appear.
+44 203 880 7918 HP printers Customer Support Phone Number
If your printer doesn’t appear in HP printers & Scanners preferences, click Add (+) at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a HP printers or scanner. The window that opens offers more ways to find your device